Once again, giving back to your community will soon be as easy as eating at your favorite local dining establishment.
In support of Interlakes Area United Way (IAUW), more than a dozen eateries in Lake, Miner and Moody County will be hosting a Dine Out to Donate fundraising event on Wednesday, October 3.
Participating businesses in Madison, Egan, Flandreau, Ramona, Wentworth and Canova have agreed to donate a portion of the day's sales to IAUW. Proceeds will be added to IAUW's general fund, which helps support over 40 non-profit agencies and programs in the three-county region.
"What an easy and enjoyable way to support vital community services and local businesses," said IAUW President Lori Gustaf. "If you need an excuse to go out for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this is it!"
The public is encouraged to dine at one or more of the following businesses on October 3:
- Sporty's Bar & Grill in Madison
- Los Tapatios in Madison
- 2nd Street Diner in Madison
- Pizza Ranch in Madison
- Blue Jays in Egan
- John's Place: A Family Restaurant in Flandreau
- Prime Time Tavern in Madison
- Dairy Queen in Madison
- Animal's Bar & Grill in Canova
- Pies Plus in Ramona
- Classic Corner in Madison
- Sundog Coffee in Madison
- Stadium Sports Grill in Madison
- Nicky's Restaurant in Madison
- Sportsman's Steakhouse & Lounge in Madison
- Hillside Resort on Lake Madison
- Fajitas Bar & Grill in Flandreau
Some businesses will also have IAUW donation boxes available for direct contributions from patrons.
This is the second year IAUW has kicked off their annual campaign drive with this fundraising event. Last year, participants raised over $2,000.
2019 campaign pledge forms with donation details will be delivered to postal customers in the area in the coming weeks.